Apply Gold Plating in very, very light coats. It's essential that some of the black base be visible through the Gold Plating even on the direct view. It cannot be stressed enough how light Gold Plating is applied; too much and the brilliant gold effect is lost.
Be patient! Like any special effect paint let it cure! The gold effect will only get better once cured!
- Do Not Reduce
- Gold Plating is a water-based gold effect paint.
- durable compared to anything on the market
- Apply over a gloss black or gloss white surface
- Clean up with 5618 Airbrush Cleaner
- Once cured it can be cleared
For best results: it should be applied, over high gloss black or gloss white finish. The gold plating needs to be applied in light "mist" coats, building up slowly until you should still see the gloss black straight on.
Let it Cure! The gold plating effect will improves as it cures, waiting a few days (48 hours)
Anodized Colors - Mix Gold Plating 1:1 Candy2O for a true, brilliant anodized color.